Persistent debt collection
Many years of experience with debt collection from debtors in Germany.
Persistent, pressureful, tricky. In all Germany.
For claim amounts from EUR / CHF50’000.–
(Switzerland, Southern Germany, Vorarlberg from 25’000.– EUR / CHF)
We have many years of experience as a
Debt collector in Germany
- German law offers professional debtors countless loopholes and delayed collection or dunning procedures.
- Civil actions cause high lawyer and court costs, which quickly become greater than the costs for direct debt collection in Germany.
- Consequently, creditors that want to obtain justice are confronted with many hurdles, fees and risks
- Finding out about the debtor’s situation and other possibilites to collect the money, is therefore often wise before filling a lawsuit.
The advantage of our debt collection service in Germany:
Even as a Swiss company, we are present everywhere in Germany, through employees stationed in Germany or employees traveling from Switzerland.
Our procedure for debt collection cases in Germany
As a foreign, Swiss debt collection company, we are not affected by the licensing requirements of the “Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz” (RDG). We collect our own receivables, which customers have assigned to us. Your rights and claims as a client remain fully protected. We will be happy to provide you with more information about the contractual arrangements, the collection procedure as well as the associated costs in a personal meeting.
Furthermore, according to the EU Services Directive, the freedom to provide services for out-of-court debt collection remains unchanged. The EU Services Directive explicitly speaks of judicial debt management and collection, which explicitly does not exclude out-of-court debt collection or debt collection as a whole. Based on the EU Services Directive, global debt collection services, as far as they do not affect judicial debt collection, are permitted without separate RDG approval.
Debt collection case in Germany – get money collected.
Our debt collection company is specialized in collecting private and judicial debts from debtors in Germany. We deal with claims acquired by or assigned to us. Our collection agency thus collects the money on its own behalf. We know the tricks of the debtors and work with intelligent pressure. Our debt collection service comes into action when legal debt collection like normal court proceedings, reminders and lawyers fail to bring your money back! Our research often also helps to bring forward lawsuits or legal debt collection.
Hungarian creditor demands money from German house seller
- Mr. M.M. (initials changed) lives with his Hungarian wife in Hungary. Among other things, they are hobby animal owners with animals that need pasture. They would like to spend their retirement in Mr. M’s home country, in Germany.
Precontract and down payment
Through a real estate agent they find a property in the Black Forest that might fit, an older farmhouse with some surrounding land. It is located in the same village as the broker’s office. The only problem is that the area around the house is too small. The broker says it is not a problem. The adjacent parcel belongs to the municipality, which is currently looking for a buyer or tenant. In addition, there are leased areas in the surrounding area.
Due to this promise and an inspection Mr. M. signed a preliminary contract, in which a pre-payment of € 50’000 was agreed upon. In case of a withdrawal of the purchase, € 15’000.- would be forfeited in favor of the seller.
House purchase turns into a collection case
Regarding the leased land of the municipality, the broker remained vague for a long time and had excuses why it was not progressing. However, he brought other parcels into play, which were too far away. Finally, Mr. M. got fed up and got in touch with the municipality himself. He found out that the municipality did not want to sell nor rent the land. He even found out, that grazing and the building of fences in this area were not allowed. The broker and the seller had lied to him.
After those devastating news, it was clear: The property was no longer an option. Mr. M. withdrew from the contract. But when it came to the repayment of the € 35,000, neither the broker nor the seller was heard from. The two had disappeared and did not respond to letters, e-mails nor phone calls.
Mr. M. commissioned the Rolf Schmidt Inkasso-Team, today known as Inkasso-Team AG, to collect the money. We proceeded as described in the following:
- First, we visited the broker personally in his office. He denied the claim and said that everything had been completely different, blah, blah, blah. It was clear: a dubious guy. He had intentionally miscounselled the customer and to quickly receive a commission. It would have been difficult to take legal action against him, because his false advice was not fully documented; the majority of things had been discussed over the phone.
- The property itself was now empty. The seller and his wife had separated; the broker did not want to tell where they were living. On the municipality they were still registered at their former place. First we found the wife, then we found the husband.
- At our first visit he was dismissive and aggressive. It took some “clarifications” on our part and another visit with two of us until he realized there was no chance to get away with it. He finally agreed to refund the money within a week.
Case processing time: 4 months, including 2 months of case documentation and research, 1 month of unproductive dispute with broker and search seller, 1 month of negotiation until payment. Closing May 21